January 2024 Newsletter#
Happy new year!#
If you haven’t already, remember to check out our 2023 Year in Review. We’re extremely excited for 2024 and are kicking things off in top form. 😉
Grist Forms are now live! Build simple and effective forms right inside a Grist document and share with a click. Since the form fields come straight from Grist columns, all your data is piped directly into the correct structure, organized and ready for analysis.
- Design forms visually within Grist
- Preview, publish & share with a single click
- Analyze data in real time
But we’re not done here – we’re continuing to add features to Grist Forms. We want the best data tool to have the easiest way of collecting data. We’re also collecting feedback – either by emailing us at email@example.com or by dropping us a line in our official Discord server.
For a hands-on look at forms, sign up for this month’s webinar to learn all about them!
Grist already has extensive reference API documentation, but we’re excited to launch a new API console page to allow developers to test API calls in a handy web UI. Note: This page uses your current session.
- Do you destruct/construct URLs often? Andreas Kloeckner (@inducer on GitHub) has shared a small custom widget to allow proper (clickable) viewing of computed URLs.
- Hot on the heels of gorist, @hooksie1 has shared an alpha version of vrist, a Grist client in V! What’s next, TypeGrist? Grust?
- Can Grist kanban? Grist fans band together and plan, and Grist can kanban! Users on our Discord server started brainstorming, leading to several prototypes of a Grist kanban solution:
- one that doesn’t use any custom widgets (!) by wunter8
- and a full-blown draggable custom widget by @jperon
Working on something cool with Grist? Let us know by posting in the Showcase forum!
February is for celebrating our love 💖…of forms! We’ll learn how to create a beautiful form view to collect data that will populate a Grist data table upon submission.
Thursday February 22 at 3:00pm US Eastern Time.
Markdown Widget Magic 🧙♂️#
In January, we dove into our Proposals & Contracts example and learned how to use the Markdown widget to create printable PDF files with data from your Grist document.
Help spread the word#
If you’re interested in helping Grist grow, consider leaving a review on product review sites. Here’s a short list where your review could make a big impact. Thank you! 🙏
We are here to support you#
Sprouts Program. Grist often surprises people with its capabilities. Schedule a free Sprouts call with an expert to see if Grist can address your needs. Learn more.